[ome-devel] [ome-files] Visual Studio 2017 Build Support

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 10:08:07 BST 2018

Dear Dennis,

> I am interested in building ome-files with VS2017.  Is there any plan to
> support compilation with this toolset for Windows?

It is certainly something that we recognize as a necessary coming step
but we have not yet slated it for a near-term milestone. Thank you for
asking: having some idea of the level of community interest helps us to
prioritize the work. (I don't recall anybody asking before.) I suspect
that we would be glad to be able to drop VS2013 support in the same breath.

I notice that
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/2017/07/04/ome-files-cpp-0-4-0.html
mentions "initial VS2017 support" but how far that goes I don't know: if
there is something small we could do that would help to get you going
even without our yet offering "official" support then please do feel
free to mention.

-- Mark