[ome-devel] c++ API questions

Renato Araujo renato.araujo at kdab.com
Wed Apr 11 20:01:37 BST 2018

Hi Guys,

I started to work on a project and we want to integrate it with OMERO.

The project is Qt based and we intend to make use of C++ OMERO API. I
have already the basics working very well but while working on it some
questions appeared, and I could not find answers on the documentation
for that.

1 - When using "getRoiService()->findByImage(...)" it says that IROI is
marked as deprecated, but I could not find any replacement for it. What
should I use instead?

2 - I understand the concept of "unload" objects and that some objects
will not contain all fields set:
     2.1 - But how do I fill the missing fields? Looks like that java has
an "IObject.retrieve" method that I can use to retrieve individual
fields. But I could not find the same method in C++.

3 - Is the omero client code available? That will be a great base of
example code. I am curious to see how it avoid blocking the ui while
executing omero commands. Does it create a thread internally for the
omero commands? (like connect to the server, retrieve images), or that
uses some async API.

Thanks

Renato A. Oliveira Filho | renato.araujo at kdab.com
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts