[ome-devel] Support for different ECAT7 version, patch and sample data

Torsten Stöter torsten.stoeter at lin-magdeburg.de
Tue Jan 31 13:04:14 GMT 2017

Dear OME developers,

I'd like to submit a tiny patch to allow reading different versions of
ECAT7 files.

It appears, that ECAT7 comes in three versions with differing magic
strings "MATRIX7[012]v", while the rest of the file may just be handled
in the same way for all versions. Manually modifying the magic string
from "MATRIX70v" to "MATRIX72v" in our data allowed us to load it
correctly. Hence, I changed the ECAT7Reader to accept all three magic
strings as valid ECAT7 files.

For referecence, see how ECAT7 is read in SPM:
https://github.com/neurodebian/spm12/blob/master/spm_ecat2nifti.m

Please find both patch and sample data attached.

Best regards

Torsten Stöter

--
Torsten Stöter