[ome-devel] Help with setPixelsID() and setImageID()

Michael Ellis michael.ellis at dsuk.biz
Tue Nov 15 18:30:03 GMT 2016

I am still trying to make headway with BioFormats

There are the following lines from the worked example at http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.2/developers/export2.html

omexml.setImageID("Image:0", 0);
omexml.setPixelsID(“Pixels:0", 0);

The documentation for setPixelsID() and setImageID() is not enlightening!

//Set the ID property of Pixels.
//Set the ID property of Image.

In both case parameters are documented as:
	id - ID to set.
	imageIndex - the Image index.

Omitting either of these calls from my program results in a loci.formats.FormatException: Image ID #0 is null (or Pixels ID #0 is null). But I seem to be able to specify any String names and then it works.

Can someone explain these calls, or better still update the Javadoc for these routines?

Michael Ellis (Managing Director)
Digital Scientific UK Ltd.
http://www.dsuk.biz
michael.ellis at dsuk.biz