[ome-devel] ndpi - NanoZoomer files compatibility with OME

jaupetit at hamamatsu.fr jaupetit at hamamatsu.fr
Fri Dec 9 14:51:28 GMT 2016

Hello,

I'm working as a Support Engineer at Hamamatsu, taking care of the
NanoZoomer slide scanners portfolio.

Many of our users are using (or wish to use) OME tools in order to handle
their whole slide images with open source software.

On OME website, we've seen that NanoZoomer file formats (ndpi, ndpis,and
vmu mainly) are somehow supported but that the compatibility is not 100%
assured.

Ranking table:
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.2/supported-formats.html

This might be because OME developers hadn't had access to all the relevant
information while developing the software.

As hardware makers, we are completely opened to all external software
development and we especially think that open source software is a real
key point for our customers.
In order to help have as easy and good experience using your tools with
our images as possible, we would like to help improve OME - NanoZoomer
compatibility.
In this context, I would like to ask you which kind of information or
actions would be needed from our side?

As an example, I think we can provide our file format details and a SDK
(compatible both with Windows and Linux environments). These are
completely free of charge and would only require the approval of a so
called Software Licence Agreement.

This email is really intended to be a starting point for an open
discussion between Hamamatsu and OME developers community so don't
hesitate to come back to me with all the question you would have.

Looking forward to have a good collaboration,
Best regards,

Julien Aupetit
Technical Support Engineer

Phone:         +33 (0)1 69 53 71 00
Fax:                +33 (0)1 69 53 71 10
Mobile:            +33 (0)6 27 81 57 04
Email:                                   jaupetit at hamamatsu.fr
Web:    www.hamamatsu.fr

Hamamatsu Photonics France S.A.R.L
19, rue du Saule Trapu, Parc du Moulin de Massy
91300 Massy - France

Ce message est confidentiel. Son contenu ne représente en aucun cas un engagement contractuel de la part d'Hamamatsu Photonics France. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, même partielle, doit être autorisée préalablement par son auteur.  Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.

The information contained in this E-Mail or any of its attachments (in the following „message“) may be privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This message may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or a person responsible for delivering it to the person addressed or if you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us and delete this message as well as all copies. The reading, disclosure, reproduction, distribution or any other dissemination or use of this message is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.