[ome-devel] Problem when importing >1000 images

Andrii Iudin andrii at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 10:40:18 BST 2016

Dear Josh,

Thank you for pointing to the documentation on the remote shares. Those
.lock files usually appear if we stop the server after one of the
"crashes". When stopping and starting the server during its normal
functioning they seem to be not created.

The run_command definition is following:
     def run_command(self, command, logFile=None):
         p = subprocess.Popen(shlex.split(command),
env=self.environment, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
         (out, err) = p.communicate()
     if logFile != None:
             logFile.write("\n" + str(command) + "\n\nSTDOUT\n\n" + out
+ "\n\nSTDERR\n\n" + err + "\n")
         if p.returncode:
             if logFile != None:
                  try:
                      logfile.close()
                  except:
                      pass
             raise Exception("Failure executing: " + command + "
:::out::: " + out + " :::err::: " + err)

Best regards,
Andrii