[ome-devel] using LabView to write ome-tiff? with java4cpp?

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 10:25:05 GMT 2015

On 19/03/15 20:58, Curtis Rueden wrote:
> Hi Heinrich,
>
>  > I am currently developing a microscope that is controlled by a LabView
>  > program and generates a massive amount of data output. As I like
>  > ome-tiff, I'd like to save my images in that format.
>
> Your major options are:
>
> 1) Wait for the native Bio-Formats C++ implementation [1], slated for
> OME version 5.1 (and subject to change until 5.2).
>   - Pro: No more need for Java on the acquisition machine!
>   - Con: Non-trivial to build and deploy due to required dependencies.
>   - Con: Not actually ready yet. ;-)

OME-TIFF reading will be in the 5.1 release; OME-TIFF writing missed the
freeze deadline but should be in the 5.1.1 point release, or the
following 5.1.2 release if there are any complications or other features
are given higher priority.

An additional factor which may affect you is that the code is currently
tested on UNIX-like platforms (Linux, MacOS, BSD), but not on Windows.
We aim to get Windows builds in place once OME-TIFF writing is completed.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,