[ome-devel] using LabView to write ome-tiff? with java4cpp?

Grabmayr, Heinrich Heinrich.Grabmayr at ph.tum.de
Thu Mar 19 20:42:08 GMT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing a microscope that is controlled by a LabView program and generates a massive amount of data output. As I like ome-tiff, I'd like to save my images in that format. Now, while LabView can easily talk to .dlls, java libraries are harder to implement. I was in a similar situation before, and back then, I used libtiff to write files that comply with ome-tiff (2010 schema). As I am not a software engineer, the solution turned out to work for me (with low data rates) but is not nice and probably far from efficient.
Now with these more stringent requirements, I would be interested in a better solution. Might anyone have run into the same situation and come up with something good?
When looking around the loci website, I found mention of i3dcore, and that it uses java4cpp to wrap the library. Do you know about how this performs? Or do you know any other solution, maybe not ome-tiff after all?
To be more specific, in one type of experiment I want to do, I'll acquire 30GB of images into RAM in 10 min and want to then save this to files.

Thanks
   Heinrich