[ome-devel] BF exporter create big ome.tif file

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:01:55 GMT 2015

Hi Hadrien,

> I use BF exporter to save it, the created file is exactly the same
> (dimensions and OME XML string) but the size is really huge (654.8MB).

I cannot reproduce this problem with the latest version of Bio-Formats from
the Bio-Formats update site.

I tried saving your file using the Bio-Formats Exporter, as well as
"converting" it to another OME-TIFF using the bfconvert command line tool.
Here are my results:

29592020 test.ome.tif
29560221 bf-exporter.ome.tif
29558724 bfconvert.ome.tif

The bfconvert used was a 2014-Dec-5 build of the develop branch. The
Bio-Formats version in ImageJ was updated from the BF update site within
the past few days.

Is your installation fully up to date? Which options did you have checked
when exporting? Etc.

Regards,
Curtis