[ome-devel] MATLAB Class for fast and simple writing of OME-TIFFs

Yellen, Gary gary_yellen at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 31 21:09:34 GMT 2014

Hi all -
Here is some code for exporting OME-TIFFs from MATLAB data, using a combination of Bio-Formats calls for the metadata and MATLAB Tiff calls for the actual file writing.  I have found the speed to be significantly faster than using all Bio-Formats calls.

I've also included tools (hopefully general!) for adding all different types of annotations to the images, without wrestling with the many Java calls necessary to do this.

The main code is the OMETiffWriter_gy class, in a single file.  There's documentation of the workflow at the top of the code.  I've also included example code in the dF_saveAsOMETiff.m file, which is just for your perusal since it requires object classes that are peculiar to our lab.

Please let me know if you find bugs in the OMETiffWriter_gy code, or if you make improvements.

Best,
Gary

Gary Yellen, PhD  ::   Professor of Neurobiology
Harvard Medical School :: 220 Longwood Ave [WAB 328] :: Boston, MA 02115
617-432-0137 ::  gary_yellen at hms.harvard.edu<mailto:gary_yellen at hms.harvard.edu>