[ome-devel] NDPISReader.isThisType

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 21:19:23 BST 2014

Hi Lee,

You are right that this method always return true irrespective of the file contents for a few
reader (like NPISReaderr). While seeking the adapted reader, isThisType(RandomAccessInputStream)
is really called as part of isThisType(String name, boolean open). And these readers typically
correspond to file formats where we have no proper way to know whether the reader should be used
apart from the file extension.

Is there a reason not to call directly setId() which iterates through all readers. Catching a
loci.formats.UnknownFormatException exception would allow you to handle the case where no
suitable reader was found.

Best,
Sebastien