[ome-devel] Prairie View XML changes for upcoming v5.2 Release

Fong, Jimmy Jimmy.Fong at bruker-nano.com
Fri Oct 10 20:53:51 BST 2014

Hi Curtis,

We appreciate all your work.  Just as some clarification, the SamplesPerPixel field in our metadata corresponds to the number of samples (off of our acquisition hardware) that were already binned together to form the pixel value.  We do not provide the ability to write out each individual sample in the Tiff data, so it would make sense that the Bio-Formats Prairie TIFF reader would always set the SamplesPerPixel field in the OME metadata to 1, regardless of the value of SamplesPerPixels field in the Prairie metadata.

For example, with our resonant scanner, we often average 3 raw samples together to form 1 pixel value, and only write the single pixel value to Tiff.  We would like our Prairie XML file to still reflect SamplesPerPixel = 3 so users could go back and reference that value.

Thanks again and let me know if I'm just interpreting your email incorrectly.

Regards,
Jimmy

Jimmy Fong
Software Engineer

Bruker Nano Surfaces Division                      Jimmy.Fong at bruker-nano.com<mailto:Jimmy.Fong at bruker-nano.com>
3030 Laura Lane, Suite 140                               www.bruker.com/nano<https://remote.bruker-nano.com/itweb/www.bruker.com/nano>
Middleton, WI 53562-0677
Phone: +1 608-662-0022 x163
We are now Bruker!
Same great products.  Same great technology.
Same great people.  New great name.