[ome-devel] SessionService

Mark Woodbridge m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 6 15:21:12 BST 2014

Hi,

We would like to schedule an overnight script that batch-converts some
raw images into OME-TIFF and then uploads them to OMERO whist retaining
their original ownership. All the users owning the images are in the
same group.

In the past I have used the SessionService to run scripts on behalf of
other users, and it works fine but requires the OMERO superuser
password. Is there any way to create a superuser just for this group and
restrict the users that it can impersonate? Or another means of using
the Command Line Importer without sharing the main admin user's (or
individual users') password(s)?

OMERO.dropbox is maybe another option but we're using a network drive
for our OMERO filesystem.

Mark.