[ome-devel] Bio-Formats development

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 15:25:53 BST 2014

On 16/06/2014 14:29, Thiel, Bjoern wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maintaining the Bio-Formats OME reader I tried to build the current
> 'develop' branch but unfortunately failed:
>
> On a Windows 7 64 bit machine I just did the following:
>
>   * cloning bioformats: git.exe clone --recursive --progress -v
>     "git://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats.git" "D:\Java\bioformats"
>   * extracting eclipse-java-kepler-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip to C:\
>   * installing jdk-8u5-windows-x64.exe
>   * running eclipse C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Program
>     Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin\javaw.exe"
>   * importing "Existing Maven Projects" bioformats
>
> Eclipse installs something and restarts.
> The background build reports 4129 errors and 4365 warnings.

Dear Bjoern,

Please note that bioformats does not yet build with JDK8 due to a javac
bug (https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12099).  It will
build with either JDK7 or JDK6 in the interim.

Also, if you've not built bioformats 5 from source before, please also
be aware that some code is generated, and python2 and genshi are
required for this step, in addition to the java dependencies you've
already installed.  Note that the code generation also requires using
git core.autocrlf=input (*not* auto), since the code generator expects
unix line endings (this is a genshi issue).

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,