[ome-devel] OMERO blitz Maven artifact dependency resolution

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 11 21:43:51 BST 2014

Hi Josh,

> I'm suspecting that not all of OME's maven repositories are showing up
> in the virtual "/repo" repository.

Perhaps, but I have seen no evidence of that. The repo group looks pretty
complete to me. Do you know of a specific artifact that is _not_ present
there, but _is_ present in one of the others?

Anyway, commenting out the "repo" aggregate repository in favor of those
defined in pom-omero-client (i.e., ome.releases, ome.snapshots,
ome.external and ome.manual) yields no change. Those four problematic
artifacts are still missing.

> Is having those exclusions in the client pom going to be a workable
solution?
> If not, what would you suggest?

Adding the exclusions resolves the immediate issue. But it is a hack
workaround, since anyone else consuming omero:blitz will need to do the
same thing. The underlying issue is that omero:blitz:5.0.2-* has invalid
dependency metadata in its POM, which I would very much favor fixing,
rather than passing the buck downstream.

Furthermore, I am guessing that blitz actually _does_ depend on some
Bio-Formats artifact(s) or other, which is not reflected after adding the
excludes. Probably it is the same for the other three missing artifacts,
too? Blitz actually does depend on those projects, just not those specific
GAV formulations. So excluding them papers over the problem and opens the
door to ClassNotFoundException etc. when attempting to perform certain
actions using the Blitz API.

In the short term, I'll try to proceed with a dependency on omero:blitz
together with those exclusions, and see how things work!

Thanks,
Curtis