[ome-devel] Contributing a new writer plugin

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 27 14:15:18 GMT 2014

Hi Brian,

I'm also working on incorporating this into the Bio-Formats writer, so if
> anyone here has advice along those lines, I'd appreciate that too!  I'll be
> cross-posting to their list as well when I have something working for the
> BioFormats/Scifio/?  Convert tool.

This is fantastic. I am selfishly quite excited for someone else to create
a new SCIFIO format. :)

To get you (and other developers) started, I put together a wiki
page<https://github.com/scifio/scifio/wiki/Adding-support-for-an-image-format>that
discusses various aspects of format implementation, and provides a
number of links to resources & tutorials for both Bio-Formats and SCIFIO.

The referenced tutorials are intended to take you through the format
implementation process, but if you have any questions or run into problems,
please feel welcome to reach out to the SCIFIO (scifio at scif.io) or

Let me know if anything is unclear on the wiki page.

Thanks, we look forward to your contribution!
- Mark