[ome-devel] Loading electron microscopy MRC float-point images

Andrii Iudin andrii at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 13:36:49 GMT 2014

Dear Developers,

I am using OMERO 5.1.0 and have a problem with loading electron
microscopy MRC float-point images which are 4096x4096 pixels large. When
the image is loaded, it is displayed as a black square. However when I
load 1024x1024 or smaller images, they are displayed fine. I have tried
playing with the grey level scaling and this does not have any effect on
the 4096x4096 images which are always shown as a black square. In order
to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the images I have checked
them using EMAN2 and there they display fine.
I know that proper grey scaling support for floating point images was
only added recently. As this is working for the 1024 or smaller images,
is there an issue with the size (4096x4096) of the images (for example
because of tiling)?

Is there any setting that can fix this issue?

Thank you and with best regards,
Andrii