[ome-devel] Adium altenative?

Coletta, Christopher (NIH/NIA/IRP) [E] christopher.coletta at nih.gov
Fri Jul 19 22:06:43 BST 2013

Ian, I've had the same problem, although I always attributed it to having bad wifi coverage at home, or firewall issues at work :-\

Let me know how the new client hunt is progressing!

On Jul 19, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Curtis Rueden wrote:

Hi Ian,

> can anyone suggest an alternative for devteam?

I think iChat has built-in Jabber support. Personally I don't like it, though.

Psi is the "do-everything" Jabber client, but has a rather unintuitive (i.e., not-Mac-like) UI.

Another very Maccy option is JabberFox: http://jabberfox.sourceforge.net/

But personally I haven't been having those sorts of problems with Adium. I wonder if you could follow up with the Adium support team to figure out what's going on. Maybe there's a way to get more debugging info, etc.

Regards,
Curtis