[ome-devel] The `develop` branch and PRs

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Dec 19 11:47:35 GMT 2013

With the release of 5.0-rc1, it's time to branch [dev_5_0] off of
[develop]. What that means for anyone who's opened a PR against
develop is that it's now slotted for [5.1.0], the next major version.

Starting in the new year, we'll copy the existing develop jobs like

  http://ci.openmicroscopy.org/job/OMERO-merge-develop

over to also build the 5.0 line, and we'll start the rebasing workflow
between the dev_5_0 and develop. And finally, dev_4_4 will be going into
maintenance mode.

In case that's all just holiday noise, no worries. Once we have all
the builds in place and the docs updated in January, we'll send
another email letting you know.

Best wishes to all,
~Josh.

[dev_5_0] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/tree/dev_5_0