[ome-devel] Plane element in OME model

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 20 19:28:28 BST 2012

Hi Alexandre,

> We are using the ome model to store metadata of
> our images. We wonder why the Plane element does not
> have an ID property like almost all other elements ?

Each Plane is uniquely defined by its TheC/TheZ/TheT triple, so an ID is
not really necessary to differentiate them. Another reason to have IDs is
so that the element can be referenced from elsewhere in the model (i.e.,
via a "PlaneRef" element or attribute), but there is currently nothing else
that needs to reference Planes in this way.

Do you have a specific need for Planes to have an ID? If so, could you
describe in more detail?

HTH,
Curtis