[ome-devel] Schema/Model/DB updates for 4.4

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Mar 1 09:21:27 GMT 2012

In preparation for the long list of upcoming changes to the OME schema and the OMERO DB:

  Requirement (#6299): OME Data Model Development
  Requirement (#7836): Model-Database alignment

we've created a new branch on the official github repository:

  https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/tree/schema-2012-06

i.e. "origin/schema-2012-06", which will contain all of the on-going work to not overly destabilize the mainline (origin/develop). The plan is for all commits that contain breaking model changes to be done on a branch which starts from origin/schema-2012-06 and is then more or less quickly merged back in via a pull request (PR).

At the same time, we'll keep any changes that are done on origin/develop merged into origin/schema-2012-06 so that one can choose to work from either. When the schema and DB work is complete, we'll announce again to the list and then merge origin/schema-2012-06 into origin/develop.

If you have any troubles working from either branch, please let us know. If you would like to see a history of just the commits related to the model changes, use:

  git log origin/develop..origin/schema-2012-06

Regards,
~Josh.

[6299] http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/6299
[7836] http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/7836