[ome-devel] Archive integrity check during OMERO Insight import

Alex Herbert a.herbert at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 15:00:51 BST 2012

Dear All,

When importing and archiving images into OMERO is there an integrity
check on the archived data? For example a comparison between an MD5 sum
on the original data on either side of the connection. I assume that the
overhead of such a check would be far less than the current work of
translating the pixel data into the OMERO format and the time taken to
transmit it via the network.

Currently we archive all images from our microscopes into OMERO. We
would like to be sure that the archive has been successfully transferred
before deleting the original from the local filesystem.

I have had people ask me about the archive integrity and would like to
find out the answer.

Thanking you in advance.

Alex