[ome-devel] OME-XML exported from OMERO.insight

Andrew Johnson amjohnson27 at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:58:58 GMT 2011

Hello all,

I work at LOCI on projects pertaining to metadata--particularly metadata needed to archive/share images with external organizations.  As part of a workflow we are developing, we are capturing OME-XML metadata at acquisition and importing the resulting OME-TIFF into OMERO.insight (where it can be tagged, annotated, added to datasets/projects, etc.).  We would then like to be able to export an OME-TIFF with all of the original acquisition metadata plus the metadata added in OMERO.insight all stored in the OME-XML for that file; however, much of the acquisition metadata (e.g., Experiment, Experimenter, Instrument) is not currently included in the OME-TIFF files OMERO.insight exports.  An alternative solution that would meet our purposes would be to have the ability to export a standalone OME-XML file from OMERO.insight that includes all of the OME-XML metadata for a particular image.

Any thoughts on how best to proceed with developing a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Andy