[ome-devel] Developing a Java Client

Galli Vanni vanni.galli at supsi.ch
Wed Oct 20 16:05:16 BST 2010

Dear All,
I'm currently trying to develop an example of an OMERO Java client. I would like simply to connect to an OMERO server and view some data.

As starting point I have downloaded the OMERO source using svn and, if I have currently understood, I have:
- some examples in the server source
- the jar files in the client source (in particular the omero_client.jar)

I was able to compile and run the unloaded.java example (which simply creates some objects and make some asserts), but I'm not able to run, for example, the sudo.java example:

Exception in thread "main" Ice.EndpointParseException
    str = "ssl -p 4064 -h <"omero.host" not set>"

Is this related to the argument passed from command line? I tried to investigate how to pass the arguments, but I'm always getting the same error.

Is there an example showing a simple connection to an OMERO server (using username and password) which can be used with the jar files?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vanni

--
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
Dipartimento Tecnologie Innovative

Vanni Galli
Ricercatore

Galleria 2