[ome-devel] Exposure time

Hernan Grecco hernan-edgardo.grecco at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Fri Sep 11 09:25:13 BST 2009

Hi Curtis,

Let me answer in a more general way. OME data model is very nice
because it allows a very detailed and fine grained description of a
microscopy dataset. But as someone who wants to write in that format,
sometimes I find it very convoluted to add simple metadata. Maybe is
not a problem with the data model, but just the API. It would be nice
to provide coarse grained functions that will allow to easily create a
basic image with simple metadata. This will allow labs that write
their own software use the OME and start testing omero in their own
lab. If they find it useful (as I had) there is no doubt that they
will spend more time to write the complete metadata.

In terms of the data model, I think that is good to have parent
settings that can be overridden by the same information in child
nodes. (For example the Gain of the the detector, and in the detector
Settings)

Thanks for you interest,

Hernan