[ome-devel] Having trouble compiling cpp file with Makefile

Nick Perry nperry at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 10 13:52:40 BST 2009

Thanks Josh that was helpful.

Aside from getting used to C++ again, I'm making some progress. I started
playing around with one of the other examples (TreeList), but I think I'm
having another issue. If my understanding is correct, TreeList should print
out the name of all the projects for a given username (or something close to
that).

I currently have 1 project in my local OMERO server. There is one dataset
containing one image in this project. However, when I run TreeList, nothing
prints. Also, it thinks the vector resulting from

std::vector<omero::model::ProjectPtr> projects =
AllProjects::getProjects(factory->getQueryService(), "nick");

has size 0. I would think with one project for the username I'm giving it
("nick") that the vector of pointers should have size 1... Makes me think
that something is wrong in AllProjects.h, but nothing is popping out at me
as wrong.

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Also, are there are more examples for C++ or is the best way for me to
figure out  how to write clients by going through docs/slice definitions one
by one to find the methods I need...?

Nick