[ome-devel] Building omero cpp libraries under winxp.

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Wed Sep 9 16:36:15 BST 2009

Oh, and I meant to say, I'm using the Visual Studio 2005 compiler...

J.

From: jeromeavondo at msn.com
To: ome-devel at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:33:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [ome-devel] Building omero cpp libraries under winxp.

Hi again,

Thanks for the info Josh, looking in the config.log allowed me to see that the paths to my compiler were not setup correctly. So I fixed that, and also changed the ICE_HOME to only include the root folder location.

It goes a bit further now, but still gets stuck,

I've attached my config.log. The build seems to have generated the omero_client.dll file, but fails by saying:

"scons: *** [C:\Documents and Settings\red08xgu\Desktop\OMERO_SVN_402\components\
tools\target\lib\omero_client.lib] omero_client.lib: No such file or directory"

which indeed does not exist...

Anyway, maybe you have a better idea on how to proceed from here, as I'm stuck on what else to try...

Thanks for your help..

J.

> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:26:53 +0200
> From: josh.moore at gmx.de
> To: jeromeavondo at msn.com
> CC: ome-devel at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
> Subject: [ome-devel] Building omero cpp libraries under winxp.
>
> Jerome Avondo writes:
>  > Hi,
>
> Hi Jerome.
>
>  > I am trying to get the omero-cpp developer libraries to build under a WindowsXP (32bit) machine.
>  > So I have been following these instructions: http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroCpp
>
> In theory, those instructions should work, but I'm fairly sure there
> are bugs with the scons build on Windows that need to be worked on for
> the various Windows compilers. Would you be willing to lend yours? If
> so, we'll add your version to the OmeroCpp page.
>
>  > I have successfully built the:
>  >
>  > ./build.py
>  >
>  > however when I try,
>  >
>  > ./build.py build-cpp
>  >
>  > It fails and complains it cannot find the Ice/Ice.h, so I guess there is an issue with my ICE_HOME paths...
>  > But I do have the ICE_HOME set as a system variable, with the following entries:
>  >
>  > ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1;C:\Ice-3.3.1\include;C:\Ice-3.3.1\lib;C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin
>
> ICE_HOME should definitely be set, but only to the top-level install
> directory:
>
>   ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1
>
>  > And the build script does seem to acknowledge this...
>  > So I'm a bit stuck with what else to try, I have attached the full build log to this email.
>
> ...snip...
>  > build:
>  > Building with ICE_HOME=C:\Ice-3.3.1;C:\Ice-3.3.1\include;C:\Ice-3.3.1\lib;C:\Ice
>  > -3.3.1\bin
>  > Ice/Ice.h not found
> ...snip...
>
> The config.log under OmeroCpp will tell you why this step didn't pass
> (at the moment it's because ICE_HOME is improperly set). You can see
> an example config.log file here:
>
>   http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/omero-windows-dll/ws/trunk/components/tools/OmeroCpp/config.log
>
>  > Any help is welcome,
>  > Thanks,
>  > J.
>
> ~J.

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.