[ome-devel] Having trouble compiling cpp file with Makefile

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Sep 9 15:42:32 BST 2009

Hi Nick,

Nick Perry writes:
...snip...
 > > make api_test
 > g++  -c -o api_test.o api_test.cpp
 > -I/Users/nperry/Desktop/omero/dist/include -I/Library/Ice-3.3.1:/include

I don't think there's supposed to be a colon in:

  -I/Library/Ice-3.3.1:/include

With it, g++ can't find all of the Ice header files. Is it possible
you have ICE_HOME set in your environment with a colon on the end?

 > *Should this all be working? I'm not asking that you figure out if
 > I have directory issues or path name errors, but if you look at the
 > CPP code above (again, provided here:
 > http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroClients?onlycpp)
 > and that makefile, should everything be working?

Otherwise, at a quick glance, everything should be working. But if you
have issues, feel free to send them in.

Cheers,
~josh