[ome-devel] OME-XML tag for multiple, inconsistently spaced time points?

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 09:50:11 BST 2009

Hello Nick,

You want the PlaneTiming element. This can hold the time each plane of
an image was recorded. It is a child of Plane, which is a child of
Pixels.

http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/specification/Documentation/Generated/OME-2008-09/ome.xsd.html#type_PlaneTiming

Hope this helps,

Andrew

On 8 Sep 2009, at 09:23, Nick Perry wrote:

> Let's say I have 10 images separated by 1 second each, followed by
> 10 images separated by 15 seconds each, followed by 10 images
> separated by 5 seconds each. Is there an appropriate OME-XML tag to
> display that information? I've looked at the TimeIncrement attribute
> in <Pixels> but that looks like it can only hold a single time
> increment, and Time in DisplayOptions doesn't look appropriate
> either. Is there some tag this type of time point data belongs in
> already? Or is it better defined as a CustomAttribute?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Andrew Patterson
Software Developer, Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression
University of Dundee