[ome-devel] ScanR

Rubén Muñoz ruben.munoz at embl.de
Sat Oct 31 21:23:40 GMT 2009

Hi Melissa,
while now the bfconvert always generates an output file. Ive been
testing to directly import the folder into OMERO.importer. For that:

- Replaced the bio-formats.jar into the importer folder
- Inserted 'Scanr' and 'Companion/Scanr' new records in the Omero
Posgres DB at table 'formats'.

The result is:

- Was promoted for Screening name and Proceeded with 'Add to queue'.
- Import process ended without Errors.
- Screen in Omero appears empty at the end of the smooth process (no
wells in the screen).
- At recent images some of the images 'could not be displayed because
are invalid images'

I believe that youre very near to the Scanr importer, and wish to
provide you with more detailed test. But as a hint I tried to convert
our current Data Set to OME.tif with bfconvert and then to OME.tif
again with OME.tif. Didnt work for me.

Is the order of the images in the output the correct? The sizes of the
Data Set and output file do correspond. Also the Dimensions are well
taken (Ive checked). Only the Timepoint aré calculated based on the
other dimensions and the number of files...

My sincere gratitude,
Ruben