[ome-devel] Setting Pixels

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.hollaender at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:07:29 BST 2009

Hi Chris!

>> My question, is this intentional or could you update the pixelstore
>> service to deal with this partial writes?
>
> It's intentional. The design decision was for users to declare the
> dimensionality before performing any reads or writes. In fact, what
> you're doing is corrupting the pixel buffer that's on disk. There's no
> provision to rearrange all the planes when you change the
> dimensionality.

Oh! Good to know. I have to change the my method in this case.

> Perhaps a silly question: is there some reason why you cannot know the
> dimensions of the pixel buffer beforehand?

Yes, I do know the dimensions beforehand. For the sake of simplicity I
wanted to pass only planes to the pixel writer facility without
setting up dimensions in advance as these could be tracked by the
method.

Thanks for the explanation! Bernhard