[ome-devel] Problem deploying recent OMERO version

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 10:35:46 GMT 2009

James Perry writes:
 > Hi all,

Hi James,

 > I recently built the OMERO server from source and I'm having trouble
 > getting it to deploy. I've done the "setup-db" step but the "deploy"
 > step that used to exist doesn't seem to be there anymore. I've tried
 > copying the omero.ear file directly to JBoss but JBoss isn't picking
 > it up. Am I missing a step?

Unfortunately, yes. A good place to start would be my email about RC1:

  http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2009-March/001184.html

which explains what replaced setup-db and deploy. But also, would you
mind trying a clean build? There should no longer be an omero.ear file
generated by the build, since JBoss support has been completely
removed in trunk. Perhaps you could also give us the output from "svn
info" just in case.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.
~Josh.