[ome-devel] how to select annotations based on two annotation links

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.hollaender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:54:39 BST 2009

Hi Josh!

As discussed during the OME meeting we would like to store analysis
results per plate well. This is straightforward using Annotions and
WellAnnotationLinks. Since there could be multiple measurements of a
single well, I will link the Annotation to the corresponding
ScreenAcquistion. Storing  works quite well, however, I could not
figure out how to join the two link tables in a single query to get
the results back :-(

In regular SQL I would do something like this:

SELECT a.id FROM annotation a
INNER JOIN screenacquisitionannotationlink saal ON saal.child = a.id
INNER JOIN screenacquisition sa ON sa.id = saal.parent
INNER JOIN wellannotationlink wal ON wal.child = a.id
INNER JOIN well w ON w.id = wal.parent
WHERE w.id = <well_id> AND sa.id = <acquisition_id>

... in HSQL, at least in the  form the API allows it, the join
statement does not allow to specify tables and ON clauses. So I'm a
little bit stuck how to translate this query to objects and paths.

Can you help me to build a single query to retrieve the well result
given the well id and the acquistion id?

Thanks a lot! Bernhard