[ome-devel] [ome-users] OME and OMERO: Release of OMERO3.0-Beta1

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Fri Feb 9 15:17:57 GMT 2007

On 8 Feb 2007, at 17:11, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Curtis.

> I installed OMERO today, but am having problems getting it to work.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" with PostgreSQL 8.0.7 and Java
> 1.5.0_06.
>
> For the OMERO server, I followed the installation instructions on the
> OmeroLinuxInstallHowto tiki page. A few notes:
> * The -R and -S flags are not valid for createuser on my system, so I
> left them off.
> * I told createuser that the "omero" user should not have permission
> to create additional users.
> * I eventually figured out that you must update the
> etc/local.properties file to reflect the chosen password for the
> "omero" postgres user. The "Quick Install" instructions do not mention
> it.

http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/tiki/tiki-index.php?
page=OmeroLinuxInstallHowto

Just assuming you're using this documentation page. If you're not, is
there somewhere else you retrieved the information from Curtis?

The Quick Install assumes that you're going to use "omero"/"omero" as
your database user and password, it states:

* NOTE: For a Quick Install it is assumed that you will follow the
examples laid out here with an password of omero for the omero
database user.

If you want to change these settings you must follow the "Manual
Install" instructions, where it states:

* Edit the etc/local.properties file in the OMERO distribution based
upon your database user and password choices.

Happy to modify the text and/or make it more explicit (Font size 32
maybe? :)). Thoughts?

So, have you followed the "Manual Install" instructions? As you've
changed the local.properties file, you must:

export JBOSS_HOME=~/Desktop/omero-3.0-Beta1/jboss-4.0.4.GA
java omero update deploy

(These instructions are in the "Reconfiguration" section of the
Install document)

You can confirm proper deployment by examining the $JBOSS_HOME/server/
default/deploy directory.

...snip...

> 10:33:53,199 WARN  [SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection
> metadata
> org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; -
> nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException:
> Apparently wrong driver class specified for URL: class:
> org.postgresql.Driver, url: jdbc:postgresql://localhost/omero3); -
> nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could
> not create connection; - nested throwable:
> (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong driver
> class specified for URL: class: org.postgresql.Driver, url:
> jdbc:postgresql://localhost/omero3))
>   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection
> (WrapperDataSource.java:94)
> ---
>
> Are these messages normal, or is something wrong with my
> configuration?

Yes, it's normal.

...snip...

> Any advice?