[ome-devel] Re: [ome-users] importing multiples pixel sets ?

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Wed Jan 11 22:03:20 GMT 2006

I think your best bet will be a custom importer or a perl script. The
API for creating module executions, and tying inputs and outputs to
them is readily available to perl scripts. The relevant functions are
in OME/src/perl2/OME/Tasks/ModuleExecutionManager.pm

The steps to the scripts roughly are:
	write a placeholder module to describe each transformation. You can
base this off a combination of
OME/src/xml/OME/Annotations/AnnotationModule.ome and
OME/src/xml/OME/Analysis/Filters/HighPassFilter.ome
	write a script that, given an original image file and a derived image,
will
i) import the original image into OME,
ii) use OME::Tasks::ModuleExecutionManager->createMEX(...) to initiate
an 'execution' of your placeholder module against your newly imported
image
iii) use OME::Tasks::ModuleExecutionManager->addActualInput(...) to
register the image's pixels as inputs to your new MEX
iv) use OME::Tasks::PixelsManager->createPixels(...) to start a new set
of pixels that will store your derived image
v) use the returned $pixels_data object to write the derived image's
binary data to the image server
vi) use OME::Tasks::PixelsManager->finishPixels(...) to finalize the
pixels
vii) register the mex as finished by calling $MEX->status( 'FINISHED' );
viii) commit the database transaction (e.g.
$session->commitTransaction() )

Ideally, you would also set the timing information for the MEX, but
that's somewhat optional.

The alternative is to write module wrappers for your transformations,
and execute a chain on the original images. If your transformations can
be executed on the command line, then I will fix the command line
handler to execute one of your functions. I have been contemplating
fixing it for a while, but lack a use case.

-Josiah