[ome-devel] Error on "Finalizing Database"

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu Aug 5 09:01:57 BST 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:03:39PM -0400, Josiah Johnston wrote:
> LWP::UserAgent is part of libwww-perl-5.800
> There is a documented "Not a SCALAR reference" error with this package
> distribution that their developers hope to fix in 5.801. (1)
> I recommend you downgrade to 5.76 which we know to be functional
> package. If this works for you, we will modify our installer to reject
> version 5.800 of libwww-perl

In Gentoo terms, (assuming you have gentoolkit installed, if you don't
you can just "emerge gentoolkit") you'll want to look at the output of:

equery list libwww-perl

Should look something like this:

callan at wizard callan $ equery list libwww-perl
Searching for package 'libwww-perl' in all categories among:
 * installed packages
 [I--] [  ] dev-perl/libwww-perl-5.79 (0)

5.800 is "~" masked for all platforms. So, unless you have "~x86" in
your USE flags ("egrep 'USE' /etc/make.conf"), you should have 5.79
installed. I'll assume that you know how to emerge specific ebuilds if
indeed you do have "~x86" in your USE flags. If not, let me know and I
can tell you how to do it.

Ciao.

-Chris