[FLIMfit-users] FLIMfit and Time-Gated Data

R.F. Laine rfl30 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 25 08:12:09 GMT 2017

Hi Ian,
Yes, this page describes the approach I mentioned. Susana, this is a
great place to get acquainted with the method (and others actually).

The only difference is that it suggests measuring the IRF from scattered
light from a cover slip, whereas I prefer measuring it from a short
lifetime dye (same fluorescent filters as your measured data).
What I find surprising on this page is that I would not expect the
scattered IRF mentioned there to have a reference lifetime (and should
be used as a scatter) so it seems misleading to me.

On a side note, in general, the smaller the steps the better to
describe/measure the IRF. The 25ps mentioned here relates to the fact
that Kentech Fast delay boxes provide 25ps steps as the shortest steps
possible.

Best,

Romain