[FLIMfit-users] FLIMfit and Time-Gated Data

R.F. Laine rfl30 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 16:25:01 GMT 2017

Hi Susana,
I also use Erythrosin B in waterfor my IRF measurement.
Typically, to estimate the reference lifetime of Erythrosin B, I also
acquire a sample with Rhodamine 6G and perform a monoexponential fit
adding the reference lifetime as a fitted parameter.
I know that Rhodamine 6G lifetime is ~4ns and I can check whether the
fit is performed correctly. You can do this on a central ROI of your
image.

You'll need to estimate the IRF shift beforehand (also by fitting it),
but beware that fitting both IRF shift and reference lifetime at the
same time makes FLIMfit sometimes crash (fatal error) in my hands.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Romain