[FLIMfit-users] Release of 4.7.2

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 15:52:56 GMT 2014

Dear All

Following on from the recent release of OMERO 5.0.5, we are pleased to announce the release of version 4.7.2 of the  high-speed, open-source Fluorescence Lifetime fitting and visualisation tool FLIMfit.

The Windows version of FLIMfit 4.7.2 now includes an option to allow installation to proceed even when the installer is unable, for some reason, to automatically download the Matlab Compiler Runtime (MCR) or Ghostscript.

See:
http://www.mathworks.co.uk/products/compiler/mcr/
http://www.ghostscript.com

Please note: FLIMfit requires the MCR to run so if it is not already installed this will need to be done manually and some functionality depends on Ghostscript.

In addition, 4.7.2 includes the following bug-fixes:

  *   The strings “.OME.” “.ome” and “.o.e.” in OME-tiff filenames are now treated, internally within FLIMfit, as part of the extension rather than the image name.

  *   Excessive memory usage when lazy-loading multiple files has been addressed.

  *   Ns units in OME-tiffs are now handled correctly.

Our thanks to G.Yellen, P.Thomas, K.Martin and D.Kelly for reporting these issues and their help in resolving them.

Downloads are available from http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/flimfit/4.7.2/